With the busy holiday travel season quickly approaching, we at Pensacola International Airport want to make sure you have all the information you need to Fly Easy. The airlines and TSA projections indicate that more than 10,000 passengers may come through PNS each day during the holidays. So here are a few quick tips to keep your holiday travels thankful, merry, and bright.
Parking Improvements Coming for the Holiday Season
With the rapid increase in passenger traffic over the past several years, we have worked to expand parking options for passengers at every opportunity. Last year, we paved Economy Lot 3, adjacent to the Hyatt Airport Hotel. This lot added 330 spaces, including 11 electric vehicle charging stations for passengers,
This year, we opened up the overflow grass lot on Tippin Avenue, and we will be enhancing the service at that lot for the holiday season, from November 17, 2023, to January 3, 2024. Here’s what you can expect during this time:
– The lot will be expanded, arranged, and managed to accommodate 600 cars.
– We will have lighting, barricades, and staff managing the lot at all times.
– The parking fee will be a $40 flat rate for the entire length of your stay.
– Shuttles will be operating continuously to move passengers to and from the terminal.
It is important to know that even with these additional spaces, parking may still be a challenge during the holidays. Passengers may want to consider alternative means of transportation to the airport, including taxi or rideshare services (such as Uber or Lyft).
Arrive Early, Pack Your Patience, and Check the Rules for Everything Else
With twice the equivalent of a sold-out Blue Wahoos stadium coming to the airport each day, we are going to be a busy airport. In addition, delays caused by weather or airline issues can add to the stress of holiday travel.
Plan ahead and Fly Easy with these tips:
– The TSA recommends arriving at least two hours before your flight is scheduled. That rule is even more important during the holiday season.
– Check the list of approved carry-on items before you fly. This will help you move through security more quickly and avoid being a bottleneck for other passengers.
– Be patient with each other and with staff at the airport. They don’t control the weather or the airline schedules, so a smile and some patience will go a long way.
We hope this information will help ease the stress of a busy holiday travel season so you can enjoy your time with friends, family, and loved ones. Thank you for choosing to fly with Pensacola International Airport, where we are constantly working to make sure you can Fly Easy.